Pre-Season details on 2018-19 Winter at Mt. Baker
Update: November 27
Welp, the forecasters were right. The storm came in strong and warm on Monday and unfortunately did a number on our snowpack - and not in a good way. We've been out on the hill the last few days assessing conditions, doing maintenance and prepping for incoming snow. We are expected to see snow levels down below 4,000 by Wednesday mid-day with snowfall also expected. We need another good storm with a good hit of snow to be able to open, so we will see how much snow we get over the next few days. Fingers crossed, and we will keep you posted here as soon as we start seeing white again!
For your safety and the safety of others, the following is in effect until the ski area begins operation:
- The Ski Area is not maintained for public use.
- No avalanche control work has been done.
- Heavy machinery may be in operation at any time - stay clear.
- Lift maintenance may be underway - stay clear.
- Be aware ski patrol is not on duty.
- Your activities are at your own risk.